Watch the pre-launch news conference from the Kennedy Space Center to preview the flight of NASA’s OSIRIS-REx asteroid sample return spacecraft aboard a ULA Atlas 5 rocket on Sept. 8. The briefing participants are:
- Geoffrey Yoder, acting associate administrator of NASA’s Science Mission Directorate in Washington
- Dante Lauretta, OSIRIS-REx principal investigator at the University of Arizona, Tucson
- Tim Dunn, NASA launch manager at Kennedy
- Scott Messer, program manager for NASA missions at ULA in Centennial, Colorado
- Michael Donnelly, OSIRIS-REx project manager at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland
- Rich Kuhns, OSIRIS-REx program manager for Lockheed Martin Space Systems in Denver
- Clay Flinn, launch weather officer for the 45th Weather Squadron at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida
This is the OSIRIS-REx mission science briefing held at the Kennedy Space Center Press Site on Launch-minus 2 days before departing Earth on the 7-year asteroid sample return. The briefing participants are:
- Christina Richey, OSIRIS-REx deputy program scientist at NASA Headquarters in Washington
- Jason Dworkin, OSIRIS-REx project scientist at Goddard
- Daniella DellaGiustina, OSIRIS-REx lead image processing scientist at the University of Arizona, Tucson
See earlier OSIRIS-REx coverage.
Our Atlas archive.