Preview the deployment of the advanced GOES-R weather satellite aboard a United Launch Alliance Atlas 5 rocket in the pre-launch news conference held at Kennedy Space Center on Thursday, Nov. 17.
Briefing participants are:
* Stephen Volz, assistant administrator for satellite and information services at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
* Greg Mandt, GOES-R system program director at NOAA
* Sandra Smalley, director of NASA’s Joint Agency Satellite Division
* Omar Baez, NASA launch director
* Scott Messer, program manager for NASA Missions at United Launch Alliance
* Clay Flinn, launch weather officer from the 45th Weather Squadron at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station
GOES-R mission briefing
The GOES-R mission briefing details this new observatory that the improve the quality of weather forecasts across the United States.
Briefing participants include:
* Steven Goodman, GOES-R program scientist from NOAA
* Joe Pica, director of the Office of Operations at the National Weather Service
* Sandra Cauffman, deputy director of NASA’s Earth Science Division
* Damon Penn, assistant administrator for response from FEMA
See earlier GOES-R coverage.
Our Atlas archive.